Thursday, 8 November 2012

Convention WOW Projects - And Last Chance to Book on Saturday's Class

Hello! I promised you I'd show you the projects I demonstrated at Convention at the weekend, and I wanted to say a huge thank you for the brilliant response I've had to these - I really appreciate all the lovely feedback!

I was asked to demonstrate projects using our gorgeous fabrics and decided to focus on things that you can do with them that need NO SEWING at all. After all, not everyone is comfortable with a needle and thread or sewing machine, but I'm firmly convinced that this doesn't need to stop you getting hands on with these beautiful cotton fabrics. This box is perfect for that special gift, or even for storing trinkets on your dressing table (the fabric used here is from the Comfort Cafe pack):


Here's a closer look at the fabric flower - just look at that texture!


The box is made from these envelopes (two patterns from the Essential Designer Fabric Selection used here):


I remember being blown away the first time I realised you could cover card with fabric  and then put it through the Big Shot - and still get perfect cuts and perfect scorelines. 

On the subject of scorelines, you can use our Simply Scored tool too... This envelope is simply a piece of copier paper that's been covered on both sides with Summer Smooches fabric.


And finally, how about using our fabric like ribbon? A bit of a twist, a pretty brad and a brooch finding, and this is what you could make (two more patterns from the Essential Designer Fabric pack):


I'll be demonstrating some of these techniques at my forthcoming parties, so if you're within a couple of hours of Ipswich and would like me to come to you, why not drop me an email and we'll get a date in the diary. I'd love to share these ideas with you and your friends.

Lastly, and changing topic a little bit, you still have just enough time to book onto Saturday's "Cards ...and More!" class in Kesgrave. We'll be making these cute little characters - you can use them either as decorations or as sweet gift boxes for a fun present.


Just £10 per person gets you all materials, except adhesives, full tuition and printed instructions and light refreshments throughout. If you can't make Saturday, then the class will be repeated at Pennikkity Pots Ceramics Cafe in the centre of Ipswich next Thursday (15th November). Or if neither of those work for you, I can come to you! All you need to do is get at least five people together and arrange a venue, and I'll bring the class to you.

Thanks for dropping in, and I'll be back tomorrow... have a lovely day!

5 comments:

Crafty Géri said...

Hi Becki
Thanks for your WOW presentation!!!! It was great and your projects are lovely
Gerix

Ali said...

Hi Becki,
It was nice to meet you on Sat evening. Your demonstration was so great and I am getting some fabric on my next order! Well done!
Hopefully see you next year at Manchester! x
Ali

Anne-Marie said...

Lovely projects Becki, I couldn't get to convention so it's lovely to see your projects. Do you stick the fabric onto card with the adhesive sheets?

Becki Ritson said...

Hi ladies, and thank you for your lovely comments!

I am definitely intending to be at next year's Convention so hopefully see you, Ali and Geri (sorry - no acute accents on my keyboard!)there.

Hopefully you will be able to make it to Manchester too, Anne-Marie, and yes, I used the Big Shot adhesive sheets to cover both sides of the card with fabric.

xx

Peg Coombes said...

Thank you Becki for the inspiration at Convention, I knew I had to make something when I got home and today I posted what I made and linked back to you, thanks again for sharing what you do x